Just starting week 3 after my hysterectomy. Not getting much sleep and feeling very anxious.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just had a hysterectomy three weeks ago. Feeling anxious and hard to sleep.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi culenta.

With my hysterectomy I was exactly the same. Wasn't sleeping hardly my nights were so disturbed. I'm now 5 months post hysterectomy and my sleeping is alot better. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you, time can't pass fast enough right now.

• Posted

When I had mine last year in Nov I found it hard to sleep I could only sleep on my back you should take it one day at time just gentle walking for 10 mins and gradually build up don't do any lifting just take it easy till about the fifth week when you can start gradually getting back to normal

• Posted

Thank you. I'm trying. Did you loose your appetite? I'm drinking protein shakes to compensate for eating such small portions.

• Posted

Hi, Culenta,

Three weeks is still early days, it will take a while for your body to adjust.  In the meantime, be good to yourself.  Don't force yourself into doing any activity prematurely.  My doctor said no lifting of anything heavier than a 1/2 gallon of milk for six weeks.  No housework.  Rest as much as you need to.  Try not to worry. You'll soon feel better!

• Posted

Hi culenta,

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy 5 weeks ago, due to see gp in a week regarding? Going on HRT.

I also experiencing loss of sleep, nausea and loss if appetite.

The loss of sleep drives me mad and i find apart from soup, crackers and omelettes i just dont feel like food and even those listed i sometimes have to force myself to eat.

I dont remember reading anything about this prior to surgery but just think everyone's experience is different

I hope you feel better soon....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.