just surfacing

Posted , 7 users are following.

5 days tkr and just surfacing from a blur of pain, meds, and blood transfusion.The main thing is I am home,and  I have a nice shiny new knee!

4 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Glad you are home safely!  I had a blood transfusion too . .it really made a difference! I was so weak before. . . Keep in touch!  Sleep when you can, and be knd to yourself!
    • Posted

you too , I just take it an hour at a time but I am feeling better bit by bit, Off for a nap now!
  • Posted

Way to keep it positive Dotty! It is definitely a gift to treasure and take care of.
  • Posted

Hi there, welcome to the "Afters"!

The first few days really do pass in a blur don't they?! Glad you're feeling well enough to pop on here. These lovely guys were a godsend to me

(They still are actually) so any questions, worries, or if you just need a grumble, we're here for you.

Take care, be kind to yourself, hydrate plenty, and rest whenever you need to

Terri TKR 4 weeks ago today 🎉🎂

• Posted

Well done take your time rest and have treats this forum is amazing
  • Posted

Congratulations on the new knee AND being at home! Doesn't it make a difference? Your lovely positive attitude will also make a difference to your recovery, Lotty.

I'm 8 weeks post TKR, and yesterday I found myself clambering over chairs, having forgotten that one knee might not make it. Luckily it did, but the pleasure in having forgotten all about it for a time was brilliant!.

Keep up the excercises and get lots of rest. All the best from Denise in Oz.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.