Just switched to Lex

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just switched from Sertraline (tapered off slowly) to Lexapro. It’s day 3 and for the first 2 days i was fine but the big side effect of dry mouth is creeping back.

This is the reason i quit sertraline. Im scared its gonna be the same for Lexapro. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How long were you on the Sertraline before switching?

?It can take quite a while for side effects to go away. When I was on Citalopram, it took 2 1/2 months for the side effects to fully go away for me. It was a long process. I'm anticipating it to be the same for me on Escitalopram. The only thing to do is carry on, and keep reminding yourself that eventually, the side effects should go away.

• Posted

Hey! 

Was on sertraline for 6 months and the dry mouth was so bad that my roof of my mouth was raw red.

Im only on lexapro 5 mg a week but worst side effect is dry mouth. Will keep going tho!

• Posted

Hopefully the dry mouth will go away! That would not be fun.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.