just walked out of work

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sitting by the loch debating whether to get my Sh++ together and go back, phone my cpn for help except I'm scared as when we spoke on Monday and I cracked up it was suggested going into hospital for my own safety. I don't want that. Or just sit here...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh Tina... am I sorry your having such a s*** time of it all. I hope you get a break soon!

There is no shame in going to hospital, it doesn't make you a failure in anyway...sometimes when we're strong for so long we just fall in a big heap. If you feel it would help then go for it! At least you wouldn't have to cook or do laundry etc for awhile smile (as a mother of four on a farm, that would be bliss for me)

In all seriousness though... if you feel you need help take it. You have been so strong for so long ( you might not think so but it takes a hell of a lot of courage to go through the crap you have and to not give up even though you may want to)

As for your job..well... does it bring you any joy? Or rather did it used to bring you any joy? If not maybe a break might be a good thing? Then reevaluate ...maybe some other job might suit you better.

Take this time by the loch to do some soul searching... what do you really want Tina? And out of all the stuff you want, what is realistic to achieve now? And how can you get there?

Just remember today will just be a memory tomorrow xxx ( I hope I helped...I tend to babble even when I'm writing )

• Posted

Thanks for caring everyone I'm back at work woe betide anyone who pi***** me off. Appointment with my bereavement councillor this afternoon so hopefully will help. I was off work for quite a while can't really afford more time off as would be on half pay. Got to keep going I suppose but it is hard. Xx
    • Posted

Its hard, no-one understands just how hard it is....Im sh*t with words but hang in there xx
  • Posted

They need to invent a word stronger than hard! I've given birth four times without any pain relief....but mental suffering is the worst!

Good on you for carrying on Tina smile I hope your appointment goes well .... and that no one crosses you at work wink

Let us know how you get on xx

• Posted

Hi Tina,

Just "sittig there" thinking about things on the side of a loch must be relaxiing to say the least. We are at the foot of a hill which has a few green fields left on it on the western side (the b******s want to build all over it) and I go for walks up there sometimes in me own these days. The westerly air blows off the moor and it clears me head. A beautiful spot minutes from the town centre.

We hope and pray that you have the strength to continue without having to go into hospital (if you have to to get better, so be it), but if you have the strength why not make a determined effort to change and go forward?

Of course, keep those lovely, wonderful memories with you, just move on, change things, don't be a slave to the system because, honey you won't be free to move on if you don't.

I have to post something myself in a little while, I am quite upset and feel very frightened of what the outcome will be, but I must have the strength and I hope to get the support to carry on through because, I do believe things are better the other side of the sh*t I am about to go through. Otherwise how do I carry on?

Take care and loadsa lurv from Deb'm.

David & Ann x

• Posted

Oh Tina lovely

Having stress at work and difficult customers is the last thing you want.  Can you discuss your position with work and ask if there's something you could that's not front-of-house and having to deal with the public.  Keeping at work is good for you, but something that is less stressful.  A complete change might be very refreshing too.

Dont be scared if hospital has been suggested.  They're there to help.  I know 2 people who were admitted to hospital and it helped them both tremendously.

My son had a traumatic time time last year and went to hospital for his own safety (only turned out for an evening). It scared the hell out of me and my husband, and even more so my son ..... but, they were amazingly helpful and so very kind and a great help to us all.  From there he was seen regularly and we all got through it.

Take all the help offered Tina.

K x

• Posted

Thank you all again.

Had a good talk this afternoon and a bloody good cry yet again. Still keep getting these thoughts of not being here..but got a appointment on Friday witth the psychiatrist so the old medication could be changed as I don't seem to be getting anything from cit. been taking if since around september. 

At present I do not enjoy my work like any job it does have good and bad bits. If I could afford it I might consider giving it up but at the moment it supposedly gives me something to focus on, thats what the professionals say. My work colleagues are very supportive, well most of them. 

My Cpn said the hospital is quite full with a lot of people detoxing so doesn't think it would be a good environment for me at present, but at present it's my choice which I've said no to and I like to think i'm not bad enough to be sectioned....well I hope not rolleyes

tina xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.