Just wanna know I am not alone out there?!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Where to start...cracked collar bone 6 or 7 times...broken ribs...my PT says I am " anatomically incorrect"..I guess my rib cage shifted...herniated disks from L3 to S1 and C2 to C6..3 or 4 broken cervical vertebrae...compressed sub-clavian vein..C5-C6 spinal fusion... and the C5-C6 root nerve is just plain damaged. It still shows compression after 2 years, but nobody wants to use the word "damaged" but after 2 years and still showing major compression? C'mon dude, just say it! Muscle tremors, appendages that just fall asleep. Also have AS and probably fibro. but they are so intertwined it's kinda hard to tell where 1 starts and the other leaves off. Methotrexate, diazepam, percocet, trazodone. I eat well, take vitamins, work out-stretch etc...The AS effects my eyes, toes, ankles, knees, hips, pelvis, fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders, lower back, neck ( peace be to those with IBS or Chrones)  I am lucky with that part. Not to say that I don't have groin problems with #1 and #2. Can't really control the muscles very well.  Depression- I would be a fool to say no. CHRONIC Pain and fatigue..ever try to explain chronic fatigue to someone who has never had it- good luck with that one...Sleep-couple hours at a clip if I am lucky..Can't hike, fish, play an instrument, tend the garden but I do get help with that, can barely play catch with my kids, etc...Can't smoke the good stuff because of pain management and I can't drink, never wanted to crawl inside a bottle anyway. I used to be a Master Electrician with my own business-not even possible these days, now I am an errand boy for a supply company and it's getting VERY hard to do that. Can anyone relate- just knowing there is helps. Ideas-hints-comments on anything other than my grammer.lol Thanks

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get it and sympathize with you. It's almost like we have left one life behind and began a new life. Not nearly as active as before all the chronic pain it's almost like greasing a life and who we were once.

Taking each day one at a time, mindful of the way I do things is a different protocol for my life. Yet I know my limitations and don't push it. I simply stay in the best shape I can limitations and all.

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me. One day at a time. Just hate looking in the mirror and seeing someone who looks like me but I'm not sure who it really is that I'm seeing anymore. Again, thank you!

• Posted

Hi Indi.  I admire you spirit, by being so open to post.  I CAN relate to pain and lack of sleep which is a viscous spiral ofcourse.  Also the Ego damage and guilt and all the things one can dump on oneself and ones high expectations.  Like you, there is an old me that 'used' to do many things, but also like you I feel lucky to now be worse eg the chrones, iriditis,psoriais nor further advanced.  Also the fact that being active helps, though at times I dont want to move at all, i still know doing something is good for me.  I am on Sulfasazine and Enbrel, all of which seem to add to the fatgue and malaise but lets see what happens!  One day at a time and so far so good!!???  bye for now. (:-)

• Posted

Yeah Ego damage. Very emasculating. 43yr.old Male. My masculine side definetly has a harder time with all of this. Real tough guy. ;}. Awesome to hear back from you, I feel better already, sincerly. Would love to stay in touch. Need an ear, let me know. Keep on, going forward. Peace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.