just want to feel happy again :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello ! I start with 20 mg of citalopram and after three weeks I was feeling great again and one day I just went down again so my dr told me to start taking 40 mg I'm on day 9 on 40mg .. Bt I feel really depressed I don't know if this is normal .... I just want to feel happy again rolleyes

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ir will take at least 8 weeks to really feel the benefits of Citalopram. Just give it some more time. Everyone is different and you will still have good and bad days, bit more good.

Are you learning CBT?

• Posted

Yes i am on cbt .... I'm dealing with grief and with the anxiety it just feels awful to feel this way every morning every day ... I was doing so good and now Im so depressed ... I really hope that citalopram helps me I can't wait to get up in the morning and see the beauty of the day... I'm desperate!

• Posted

I have also had a,lot of grief in my life in the last few years. I have lost my mom, brother, brother in law and in laws that loved dearly.

I am just really focusing on the positive things in my life and joy in small things. It is hard but the harder I work the better I am getting.

I go 2 steps forward and 1 back, I just don't like the one that took me back a minute depress me and drag me farther back.

• Posted

Sorry about your losses ... I Lost my babies at 20 weeks pregnant , two beautiful boys sad this happened on May 2nd the lived for 2 hours in my arms sad it's so sad and my do date was going to be September 22nd so I think part of my depression is the month rolleyes

• Posted

I am so very sorry, I have suffered two tubal pregnancies years ago, but I do have one child that is now 35 years old. I can see why you are depresssed, anyone would be. It is going to take time and faith to bring joy back to your life.

I will pray for you to heal and find your way.

Sincerely - Diane

• Posted

I really am so sorry for both you Guadeloupe and to you Diane x life can be very cruel x
    • Posted

Thank you so much Diane I have two kids one is 8 years old and the other one is 5 years old I love them so much bt my depression is affecting them too rolleyes

• Posted

It is a,blessing that you have two children but I know they don't makeup for your loss.

You will never forget or truly get over your loss but tI'm will make it bearable and you will find joy in life. Hard to see now but I use my brain a,great deal to push myself.

• Posted

Life can be cruel but in order to live a,life that is the price we all pay. Bad even horrible things happen, but also beauty and joy make it worth it all.
  • Posted

The road to recovery is often up and down, so you will feel waves of feeling good followed by feeling low.  Taking a higher dose won't necessarily solve it - you'll get side effects from the increase plus you'll probably still reach this up/down stage whatever dose you're on.

You just need to let the low feeling be there when it comes, relax towards it and in time it'll disappear again.  You'll get many of them as you progress towards recovery.

Doctors often increase patients meds when they hit a low patch and don't think they realise it part of recovery.

Personally I wouldn't have increased.

For many people, It takes a long time to finally be anxiety free.  Months, not weeks.  You will get there.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.