just want to stay in bed all day

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so I suffer from panic disorder and recently broke up with my boyfriend and all i want to do is sleep all day, I've got a month off as I start my new job on the 29th, and I'm so tired all the time, I have no motivation at all, all i want is to stay in bed and watch movies, I really don't know how to get out of it, I just feel exhausted for no reason

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sorrry your feeling bad have you been to see the doc, thought about meds? I know they are not for everyone but sometimes needs must.

You call also think about therapy again not for everyone but sometimes help.

I am a bit of a coward and having had depression for 16 years ,anxiety only started 4 months ago, I trust the docs and go down that route.

Exercise helps I found that going for a  brisk walk makes the palpatation slow and clears the fog in our head, some people think meditation works, though Ive not tried that.

At the end of the day we have to decide if we are going to let this nasty illness beat us and take over our lives, yes we have some good days and lots of bad days, but stay strong and dont let anxiety win.

biggrin

• Posted

I feel the same today chick except I feel guilty about it, I can sleep for 10 hours or 8 hours n wake up knackered. Don't worry Hun, you still suffering from derelization?
  • Posted

I suffer from aniexity and panic attack,and i aslo just wanna sleep forget about life but if you dont do nothing about anirxity and just lay in bed it will get worse,get up go outside for a walk just do something productive and you will feel better
  • Posted

I don't want to come off as rude, but a lot of us would like to just stay in bed and watch movies.  The rest of us just have to put one foot in front of the other and do things for the day.  When we become idle (not doing anything) this gives us too much time to think.  And then the negative thoughts flood us,  I can't do this, why try, etc.  When we just do, things fall in place.  I know this first hand.  I would isolate because of my anxiety, and found out that it is very unhealthy.  Too much time to think about "poor me"  Volunteer you time to those less fortunate and it will put things in perspective.  Our lives could be much worse trust me.  But when you help helpless at a soup kitchen, we get perspective.  I would think I am grateful I have a roof over my head,  I have a car to visit friends and family when I want etc.  Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.