Just wanted some advice!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I wanted some advice as I feel like I'm goin a bit crazy! I have been feeling so rubbish! I had a throat infection where I was given two lots of antibiotics but a few months later I'm still feeling exhausted! I had three full blood tests but the doctor says nothing is wrong! I love my job so much but have had so much time off now because I'm so exhausted, my muscles ache and I can't go anywhere or do anything without being ehausted. It doesn't seem to matter how much I rest and its making me feel really depressed cos i feel like a fake cos my blood tests said nothing was wrong! I want to go back to work but the thought of getting ready and driving is all a bit much, i feel like a fake but there must be something wrong?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very much like you have Post Viral Fatigue Dakota. The trouble is that if this is not recognised and treated correctly it can very well become chronic fatigue, which is what we on this forum have. They are very similar but Post Viral Fatigue can be corrected if it is handled properly. You do not say how long ago you had the throat infection and antibiotics.

If I was you I would research all you can on Post Viral and Chronic fatigue and then go back to your doctor.

In the meantime we are here to help and share and listen if you want us too.

• Posted

Thank you so much I definately will research it. Its really kind of you to reply, thank you. I will go back to doctor, it seems unfair that they give you blood tests and if nothing comes up they say nothing wrong when you really don't feel right!
  • Posted

Hi Dakota - It does sound like post-viral fatigue. I have chronic fatigue and have been unwell now for over 2 years. Mine started with tonsillitis and I had antibiotics but I didn't recover properly from it. I am now extremely fatigued a lot of the time and have many other symptoms including muscle aches, weakness etc. I stayed in hospital for a couple of days and had numerous blood tests, chest x-ray etc. and all came back negative. You must go back to your doctor and if necessary, try and see a different doctor. Good luck to you and let us know how you go on.
  • Posted

Hi Dakota

Sorry you have been so unwell. I have to say it does somewhat ring a few alarm bells with me - that is exactly how I started off - a throat infection (four different lots of antibiotics) feeling absolutely awful and then off sick from a job I loved.

Alicia is right, you obviously have post viral fatigue and you need, somehow, to prevent it ending up as full-blown CFS/ME.

I made of the mistake of returning to work (we were incredibly short-staffed) and carried on working for over a year, dragging myself in each day wondering how the heck I was going to cope.

Please don't make the mistake of returning to work too soon - however frustrating it may be - your body needs time to recover - hopefully it will. I am now no longer working due to pushing myself too hard in the initial stages of the illness - something I bitterly regret now.

Good luck - hopefully you have a helpful GP - and do keep in touch with this forum - we will all help you as much as we can.

Katiesmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.