Just wanted to say

Posted , 9 users are following.

Yes i just wanted to say happy new year to everyone and thankyou all for the help i've felt through this forum. TKR is a big big op and i wasn't expecting it this way. I've gone through a lot from it and its not really finished. i'm not sure i'll ever be pain free again in my life as i never have really been since i was thirty, but just a little less pain would be nice. But big thanks to all you courageous and strong, positive people on here. I have needed your posts, your experiences and your insight. Thankyou all so much and God bless you

Pam

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Happy New Year to you as well. I too have benefitted from the wisdom of the wonderful people on this forum. Like you I didn't realize how intense the recovery process would be - slow going but still improving. We will all hang in there together and help each other through it

• Posted

Nice said.

I also was totally pain free, & I also want to say Ankle Surgery is a big op and I also wasn’t expecting that, also doctor didn’t told me this and put me in this situation, I’m also not sure if I will be pain free again, I really hope this. I’m thirty and I was a sporty healthy person before this surgery. I wish I have had seen these forums before, I right here I want to ask people to not go for operations , so many times these operation do not fix anything or fix problems but make more problem then down the road... I want anyone read this to pray for me, because I need it...

• Posted

Ankle surgery is pretty impossible to get here in Tenerife. . but I may need it some time in the future as I have both osteo chondritis and osteo arthritis in both ankles. Not looking forward to that possibility, as I would probably have to leave the island . . . would be interested to hear more about your experiences with this. TKR is now more or less good . . 
  • Posted

Hi Pam,

A very happy new year to you too.

We none of knew what we were letting ourselves in for, but all in all I personally am glad I had it done. To be pain free in one leg at least is wonderful.

Just hang on in there, I hope you get there soon.

Good luck.

Kind regards

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

NO ONE was expecting this!!!!!!  If they told you what it would be like before the op, I think a lot of people would opt out.  Toughest recovery ever... 
  • Posted

God Bless You Too Pam.  This forum has helped me so much.

Barbara

• Posted

Back at u you, g-d bless u and one and all. I too feel so blessed I have found u all.  Mentally all the heartfelt stories, advice, hope, encouragement is so inspiring, has helped in so many different ways, best of healing to u.. K. P. (Just another boomer who thought life couldn't touch me, ha ha, silly silly boomer I be)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.