Just wanting some help

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is the fist time ive asked for help so thank you for reading...

Basically the last couple years ive been pretty depressed, also I have anxiety issues, Im not very confident in myself or just in general i hate going outside and interacting with people since im always nervous and always feeling like people are looking at me and judging my movements.

Anyway the last couple of years i've been feeing pretty low, but the last 4-5 months I've just been getting worse and worse, I get some good days but afterwards i just feel even worse. I cry everyday for no reason or for just small stupid things and I dont know how to cope. I dont want to go to the doctor about this since i feel a bit to scared to tell my family and I'm scared that they wont believe me or if eventually i had to take medication is just going to make me even worse since ive heard that it can mess with your head. I know there are people with worse depression than me so I feel kind of guilty for being so depressed and nervous all of the time, I'm scared that anything that I say to people may make them angry and I just feel so lonely, hopeless and empty everyday since all my friends have left to go to university and I didnt go to uni because I dont know what to do with myself because I feel like im too stupid since iv'e failed so much, I'd just like to share and talk to someone hoping I can improove and hopefully feel more happy, because being sad and crying everyday is wearing me out. 

Sorry for the huge block of writing, if you've read it all I thank you greatly.

Also I'm sorry if this was supposed to go to the anxiety forum but i wasnt quite sure since im new to this site. 

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi sophiechuu before I went to my doctor I felt everything you are feeling now its horrible. Everything you said described what I us to a tee. For starters you are not gonna start feeling any better until you go to doctor for help. Second of all I realize what you said about family but this is your life you have to do what's best for you trust me you gotta stop worrying about what other people might say or think. And lastly being on meds is not that bad there are different ones Prozac is what I take its not bad. Please go get help. Good Luck smile
    • Posted

Hey donna! I juat want to say thank you so much for the quick reply, you were so kind and helpful, i will definitely take and act on your advice. Again thank you so much it means alot! 
  • Posted

Hey

I feel similar to how you do, my family know but at the minute I really am trying to go to the doctors, just worried about getting worse or knowing if nothing works I'll always be like this..

I feel similar to how you do and I am more than sure I have body dysmorphia, no need for a diagnoses because I know I do. Can't interact with people, scared to go out, obsessing with faults about myself, distorted image of myself being told I'm thin when even now I still think I'm fat, being told I'm good looking but hating the very sight of myself. This all happened from bullying though from when I was younger about how I looked.

I could have gone to uni this year but couldn't becUse I know I wouldn't manage it so having to take a year or two off now.. 

As for getting better there really isn't much people can say to help and you can go to the doctors and get medication without telling your family, probably what I'm going to do. Just think, you can't keep going on like this can you and speaking to a doctor and getting medication if needed might make you so much better.

Although I do know it's easier said than done as I haven't done any of what I've just said but I hope I can find the courage to soon.. Stay strong and people here are really nice and will help all they can smile xx

• Posted

Hey Jake! Thnaks for the quick reply it means alot to me it really does! Your advice was so helpful to me and i will take the advice you've given me, i know my mother has had deprepression and anxiety so i could tell her how iv'e been feeling, and i know i should probally go see a doctor for all of this, i just hate doctors so much since ive had another illness (Crohn's disease) so i get very nervous. I also hope the best for you too, I hope you can escape your depression and become more happy! cheesygrin

People on this site are super nice im so greatfull aaaa~ >_

• Posted

Yeah talking to someone who can understand honestly helps, without really knowing how you feel people can't really understand so she might be able to help more than you think. I understand about the doctors, the last time I went I had a student instead of a doctor and they had film me and Im too nice to say no, it was horrible, nearly had an anxiety attack I just felt humiliated sad

Wish you the best Sophie and I hope you beat this! x

Sorry I didn't reply quicker but I fell asleep smile

• Posted

Hi there I'm sorry to hear your feeling so unwell but it can get better you just have to make the first step. If your mum has suffered with this illness she will know exactly how you feel and will support you through this the next step is the doctors and remember to be completely honest and don't try to play down your feeling because they can't help you if your not honest with them tell them how long this has been going on for. If you need medication try to keep an open mind on how it might work for you, everyone's different and for some it needs a few tweaks to find the right one also don't expect miracles you have been feeling really low for a while so medication will take a while to start to lift your mood don't expect an overnight change because it really does take time and I can promise you, you will feel better once you have admitted how you feel while its a secret it gets bigger and bigger in your head and the feeling of hopelessness gets worse it's an illness that can be managed until you start to feel yourself again you sound a lovely person and you have a right to feel good about yourself and you will do once you have admitted your feelings holding them in is what we all do in the beginning because it feels we are wasting people's time once these feeling are out then you are on the road to recovery, you are not stupid just a bit lost for a while.

big hugs to you

kindest regards

sue

• Posted

Hi Sophiechuu..sorry to hear about how u are feeling. Please believe me u can get better..u have taken the first step by talking to us here & the second step needs to b to talk  to a doctor. I wasted years of my life being miserable & suffering from anxiety & panic attacks. I couldn't even go to shops without getting panic attack...got anxious, sweaty, shaky if I had to join a queue in a bank or even restaurant so ended up avoiding all these situations & then started drinking too much as that gave me dutch courage b
  • Posted

..Sorry msge sent too early! Drinking soon became a problem & I was a total mess..able to go nowhere..no job etc.  But now I am so much happier...I still get anxious but can do all these things now and have a responsible job. But I had to take medication..most recently Sertraline. I have general anxiety disorder & always will have but now I have weaned off the sertraline and all I take now is propranalol which I find really helps. But couldn't have continued by telling no-one that I suffered from anxiety..pretending I was ok when I wasn't. Don't worry what other people think ..it is important that u look after yourself. And it sounds like your mum will understand..a lot of people are more understanding than we give them credit for. Take care and don't waste years..you deserve to be happy so take that next step!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.