just weaned off my antidepressants but my psychiatrist wants me to take them I feel great

Posted , 6 users are following.

Seemingly I have intermittent depression. It took me ages to get off antidepressants but when I went to see my Psychiatrist he was annoyed and is determined that I take them.I feel great. He put me on other ones but I had weird reactions to them and stopped again. He is so angry and says that I need to be on them just in case I get depressed again!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have also stopped my antidepressant, but am still on stimulqnts and benzo , low dose, +Menopause, digestion iasues.

having very difficult time.

would love to share..

• Posted

it's your body, not the psychiatrists! do what is right for you, try cutting them down and see how you do.

• Posted

Hi it is entirely your choice whether to take meds or not so stick to your guns. I will say however that the official advice is to stay on them for at least 6 months after you feel better otherwise you could relapse if you stop them. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.