Just When You Think It's Over...

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had been feeling great for the past month: happy, motivated, peaceful, and optimistic. This is the first time in 2.5 years that I have had such a wonderful string of lovely days. I was convinced that my perimenopause was over, but now I feel like I have PMS in overdrive, and I am shocked and so disappointed. I have all of the signs that my period is going to come, but it hasn't, so now I feel stuck with terrible PMS symptoms: agitation, anger, and frustration that is just off the charts.

I have been on this merry go round for a long time now, so I am not going through anything that I haven't gone through hundreds of times, but it is just so hard, and I am really weary of it all.

Can anyone relate?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Oh my gosh the same thing is happening to me! Only i havent had a month if good days but maybe 3 good days in a row then its back to my old hell!! I suffer from terrible nausea that lasts all day....im so tired of everyone complaining about how much weight i have lost, i have headaches and like you said pms feelings all the time but no period! I dont think its ever going away. All if the time i will just sit and cry cause i think back about how the old me used to be and i know it will never be that way ever again but i cant live the rest of my life this way. Ive tried counseling, yoga, antidepressants & even an all organic diet nothing helps. i know how you feel

• Edited

Oh Bev - I know so well !! I had a 2 week stretch recently - oh my god it was glorious!!!! So much energy and peace of mind, felt in control, happy with my situation, clear headed, good appetite, no nausea....well do people actually feel like this all the time?? but then bam! - back came all my symptoms - starts with my vision getting blurry, and an 'out of body' type of feeling, like I'm no longer in control, and then the anxiety and low mood, followed by nausea and cramps, hot face and cold hands, stiffness and numbness in my shoulders...and its been like that for the past month with only a few good days here and there...I guess I console myself with the thought that there is nothing actually wrong with my body, it can function very well when given the chance when the hormones are all calm, but when they all start fluctuating again I believe our bodies go into defence mode because it doesn't know what's happening and produces loads of cortisol which gives anxiety, nausea etc...keep busy, schedule out your day, exercise and treat yourself to something at the end of each day - hot bath, fav box set etc xxxx

• Edited

It's marvelous when you feel well. During that month of feeling good, everything was so easy, and I was so grateful to feel "normal". It's just hard to accept when everything comes back again, but the good times prove to me that my body and mind can bounce back. I also have numbness, but it is in my face and my teeth, where I can't feel much. I also find that I am super sensitive to sounds and smells, and I easily get overwhelmed.

I try to focus on staying calm, accepting the current situation, and reminding myself that menopause is near. It's just a phase that I am going through, so it will end in time.

Hugs,

Bev:)

• Edited

Yes, I have the same experience. I had no period since November until March, and I felt so great. As you write - calm, happy, lots of energy, doing exercise every day, no nausea, clear head, just a little migraine, but nothing annoying. In March and April periods returned, and since then I feel like in a constant PMS - nausea and dizziness every day, lingering headeaches, migraines, feeling "heavy", tired, low mood, thinking about the past, what I have done wrong thirty ears ago.

It is terribly what the hormones do to us!

• Posted

I.m on BHRT and think its helped me have some better moments and days. And for a moment I will think I may actually feel like myself again one day or I may be getting to a better place with all this. And then yeh....bam. I.m back here on these boards wanting to not feel alone in my suffering. I know logically its going to get worse before better for me. I.m only 42, so know I have a long road ahead of me still. I pray for the other side every day. The good thing is that with your good few months, that may be a glimmer of hope that you are closer! hugs!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.