Kalms & Co codamol????

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Just joined this discussion.

I take Kalms herbal tablets for my anxiety, but very often at the end of the day I'm left with a headache is it safe to take a couple of co codamol tablets before I go to sleep?? I don't know what the mix of these 2 tablets could be???

Any help would be great !

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laura. Nice to meet you here. I am sure there is no harm in taking the odd painkiller for a genuine headache but I think you should try and find out why you are getting headaches that frequently. You do not want to get into the habit of regularly using co-codamol because of the codeine. It is very addictive. Many of us with codeine problems started using it for genuine reasons and became addicted. If anything, you would be better to take just paracetomol. Try however through your GP to get on top of the headache problem so you don't need to rely on pankillers. Drew xx

• Posted

Hi hun.

Is there a medical need for you to take the cocodamol or is it just to help with anxiety? Have you taken cocodamol before?

X

• Posted

Hi Laura if I were you I would t take co codamol at all it is very addictive yes you will get a great nights sleep but soon you will be come reliable on them and start taking them in the day as they give you a slight buzz but be warned before you know it you will be on 6/8 a day believe me I know it so keep taking the Kalashnikov and try other ways of relaxing before you go to bed in fact do anything apart from co codamol they are so bad for you and contain so much paracetamol which is the real problem as it will destroy your liver sorry to sound so dramatic but I've been trying to get off those little bug gets for years and it's not easy good luck Laura regards alan

• Posted

I agree with you.

Codeine is a terrible drug and I was prescribed it for afrown dislocated shoulder. The side effects crept up on me and I did NOT  even get a buzz out of taking it. Even three to four tablets each WEEK were more than enough to lead to severe headaches, throbbing of eyes, anorexia, weight loss, agropobia, anxiety and depression, night sweats, derealisation. Never again. Not even a small dose . No thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.