Kardia alivecor

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,I had an ablation a year ago but i now have af again and my consultant has recommended another ablation.I need to have a ECG which shows AF and he has suggested that I buy a Kardia Alivecor device so I can record AF and send it direct to him.I have never heard of this before.Has anyone used one of these or can tell me what they think of it ,does it work ,is it accurate or any thoughts about it ? As I don't have a smart phone would it work on a Samsung tab A .?Thanks Betteann

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use it, and it is very easy to use. I use it on an apple phone which I do not recomend (if you forget at any time your account password your phone will be locked until apple decide to unlock it, in my case 5 weeks) The Kardia is very easy to use ,check on their website for supported phones, i also use mine for Prinzmetal checking- back comparison with a good day graph. Personally i would recomend it...easy and helpful and leave you in control I use it with my Flecanide pill in the pocket approach to treatment. GP and Cardilogist like it.... 
    • Posted

Hi,thanks for that information ,it is very helpful.I would have to buy a compatable phone so it could be expensive .but I will certainly think about it.betteann
  • Posted

Hi.

I live in Sweden so I don't know what the little gadget I got to use is called in English. Had it on for 24hrs which is useless when I don't get af every day. So whenever I get af i go to the a&e and check in. That way my AF is registered and I get treatment and converted if necessary. I am now on the waiting list for my third and hopefully final ablation. The surgeon said he would be doing a more thorough ablation than the first ones.

• Posted

Don't  know about that but I had a link implanted to see all the time what is going on. I really don't understand this ablation business if it keeps returning again and one has to have another ablation. What stage is your af? I really have few symptoms but still have af..

• Posted

Hi ,I have had af for 16 years and have a really horrible time with it. It can last up to 7 days nonstop.I have bad chest pain breathlessness and feel as if I am going to pass out,I take flecainide,bisoprolol apixiban and statin but still suffer ,I have been cardioverted in AE .I had an ablation a year ago which seemed to work for 7 months then it started up again,so I am thinking about having another .I had quite a few problems after the first so I am thinking hard about it.Betteann
    • Posted

Must be very scary for those who "feel" it as many do.. I don't know but have had that sensation of feeling as I would pass out...scary...What kind of problems did you have after the ablation. I keep resisting thinking I would start feeling sometthing and even be more scared than I am mostly not feeling it but still fearful.

• Posted

Hi, I had a lot of digestion problems and couldn't eat property for three weeks,as they damaged my stomach lining and food pipe they also damaged my throat and mouth with the camera etc they put down the throat.I had to have scans etc as they thought that they had damaged the membrane between the heart and stomach. Or something like that.betteann

• Posted

Hi Betteann, had an ablation for atrial flutter in early June this year, think it has been successful, no evidence of ultra high heart rate any more, albeit it happens very rarely. Bought the Kardia device and use it with my iphone, very easy to use once you have downloaded the App.

You take a 30 second reading using the fingers of each hand. It measure your heart rate and gives you an ECG trace, classifying it as either Normal, Unclassified or Possible Atrial Fibrillation (PAF). You can then save and upload the ECG trace for future reference.

What Kardia really want if for you to sign up and get a medical review, obviously this involves cost/subscription, needless to say I don't do that. I find that I get a very occasional PAF, mostly Unclassified, fewer Normal. I tend to use it two/three times a day, before bed, first thing in the morning, and maybe once during the day. I will also use it if I feeling the occasional ectopic beat, or palpitation, when it usually comes up Unclassified.

My AF is relatively mild by comparison with many of the stories on this site, and why I say I find it difficult to compare before and after the ablation. In summary I'm not really sure why I'm using the Kardia, maybe it's just some peace of mind.

Let me know if that helps, or if you have any further questions

Regards

Sherpa Al

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.