Karen grosvenor

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a catherta since July 2017, in the last 16. Days I've had 11 cathertas replaced due to rejection. I'm now suffering hot and cold sweats, last night after my second catherta that was replaced that day and expelled itself with bleeding, are my hot and cold sweats an end result as body going into shock, is it nirmal?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know anything about catheter rejection, but I am assuming you have something like a Foley/suprapubic catheter?   However, if you are having hot/cold sweats, I would think you have a fever which points to an infection somewhere.  Have you taken your temperature?  If it is above normal, then I would probably go to the emergency room.   You don't want to delay and end up with sepsis.

• Posted

This is not normal. Please consult

Your urologist as soon as possibile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.