Keep Forgetting Things & Stuttering

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys! Um, for a while now, since November of last year, I've been dealing with generalized anxiety disorder. I can't seem to think straight. I'm always forgetting things. My mom could ask me to turn out a light, and I'd say I will, but forget about it within 10 seconds sometimes. Now this isn't all the time, just half the time. And when I'm trying to get something out, I'm talking at 100 MPH and stuttering. Even when I'm not talking fast, I have trouble getting the words out. They fumble and get all jumbled up. Same goes for when I'm typing something; there's times where I'll revise something I've written online, and it'll still be all mixed up. I feel like I'm doing retarded.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've been getting this exact problem, it's really frustrating! My partner might ask me to grab him a drink or something when I'm downstairs and I come back up having forgotten. And when talking it's like I know what I'm going to say but it just doesn't come out right, sometimes if I know I'm going to have to say something to someone I'll plan it in my head first and it'll sound great, when it comes to actually saying it it'll be a mess. I've noticed that I've started mumbling or speaking quietly to try and hide the fact I'm jumbling my words cause if someone is like "what?" I can kinda blame it on speaking quieter.
    • Posted

Oh wow. Sounds like something I'd do (the whole forgetting the drink thing). And I like to carefully plan out what I'm saying, especially if I want to make a good impression. I'm very loud already, soooo it makes it that much more embarrassing. The words come tumbling out, jumbled up. My words are like a pretzel.
  • Posted

I forget things all the time its soo annoying, I always thought it was a medication side effectcheesygrin
    • Posted

I was on mirtapine for 6 years just finished tapering off that and Im now on sertraline
    • Posted

I have so many problems. My family thinks I'm just a hypochondriac.
    • Posted

Well thats what anxiety does to you its makes you think you have illnesses when you dont its all psychosimatic.

Ive had depression for 16 years my anxiety only started 4 months ago.

I was sure I was having heart attacks/strokes etc I ended up in a and e twice. It wasnt until I came onto forums like this that I accepted It was the anxiety.

Ive had lots of tests done and even though I know nothing is wrong I cant stop worrying.

Im hoping that with my change in meds and some therapy I will learn to control it

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

I have harm OCD. I hate the thoughts that pop up into my mind, especially after watching a crime show or something. I would never want to do such horrible things. But yeah...
  • Posted

Hi kayla this is part of anxieties because at times when i am anxious i get this where i can't remember or I stumble over my words when i am talking on the phone. There are times i type words and i get them mixed up because i have had this trouble too. 

It is frusterating and when i am anxious one day i forgot our phone number and my address then i have to ask my boyfriend what is our phone number or address i hate it when that happens. 

Also another thing i hate that my anxieties cause is when i am on the phone aleaving a message for someone and i stumble over what i want to say on the meesage thats why i don't like answering machines to much 

I understand what you are going through

Elizabeth

• Posted

Sometimes the simpilist explanation is the right one. Every symptom fits sleep deprevation. Sleep is so important! Look it up. See a doctor about sleeping disorders if you think you have one. Or if you are not aware of one and are not sleep deprived stress can do this as well. I have gone through this and had even worse symptoms. Good luck!
    • Posted

I've been really restless when I'm trying to get some sleep, and I feel like I can't breathe well...
    • Posted

Don't ignore it. Get it checked out. Be persistent by telling the doctor it must be fixed. Not sleeping well can ruin your life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.