Keep getting panic and anxiety, any help is appreciated

Posted , 4 users are following.

My first one was a couple years ago, I been better but haven't been the same since. It was on and off panic for like a year and I thought something was wrong of course. I know there are thousands of people who are going through this I just wanted to get this off my chest to see if I can get some relief from people who understand it. It's always negative thoughts that bring it on or a strange feeling in my chest and I assume the worst. Lately my chest gets tight and I focus on my breathing which makes it worse and I panic. I panic to the point where I hyperventilate and my hands and feet lock up and go numb. I went to the ER and they of course said I need to talk to a therapist. He gave me Xanax and sent me on my way. I probably should go but it's time and money. I was hoping someone found other alternatives? I do techniques I've found online about belly breathing and relaxation but sometimes I can't do it right and panic more. So am I lost cause to therapy or can I work through it? Thanks again

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you on meds? I do meds, therapy and essential oils. They make an anti anxiety oil that really calms!
    • Posted

Thanks for the response. I'm not on any meds. I still have some Xanax pills that the ER gave me that I take once in a while. I'm gonna schedule a doctor appointment. I can't keep avoiding it. I just hope he's understanding about it. I don't want to brushed off that's just stress.
    • Posted

If he does, you don't go back to him. Many doctors are understanding, especially when physical symptoms start. Ask for a referral to a therapist or psychiatrist also
    • Posted

Yes, make sure you ask them if they accept your insurance. 9/10 times if you have a referral, your insurance has to cover it.
    • Posted

feel free to message on here or find me on facebook if you need to talk!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.