Keep getting worse and worse, at 7.5 months. Very worried about CFS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys, having trouble right now. My symptoms started in late January, and they weren’t that bad back then, I did feel unwell, but not so terrible. 

They got better through the first 3 months, and I felt about 70% healthy in the beginning of May. 

Then in Late May I crashed and I thought it was just a normal setback. But I just kept getting worse and worse from then on. 

Since the crash I have gotten some new symptoms too, before the crash the only  symptom was fatigue. Now I have symptoms like stuffy nose, brain fog, muscle and joint pain, fever, (which started in July), and the pins and needles feeling. But the worst symptom is the fatigue, (of course). 

I feel worse than I ever have, and I have just been hitting newer and newer lows because I have been getting so much worse. I feel SO much worse than I ever did before the crash, and I have just been spending the days mostly in bed. I’m so weak it’s incredible. 

I don’t know why or how I’ve been getting so much worse with no improvement, but I’m so worried it’s CFS. 

Sorry for so much complaining guys, I’m just really worried and having a hard time right now. I’m really worried that I will be stuck with CFS, and I don’t know how bad this will get. 

Looking for some encouragement right now, or atleast to know more of what’s going on. 

Thanks guys, 

Youngboy

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Are you doing everything you can to boost your immune system ? Vitamins nutrition etc . I managed ok in August ... not great but I went to a few social events and made it through . Then I crashed again a few weeks ago and yes the fatigue ! My God unbearable ! So I spent $100’s on a virus program. 

I’m doing LOADS of supplements and just started a dose of Valtrex as could not take it anymore . 

I think this ‘thing’ ebbs and flows and you just really need to be patient and ride it out . Baby yourself right now don’t expect a good day and if it comes it’s just a bonus . We are all unique and the time it takes is the time is takes . 

You are not alone in this and it’s not singling you out. I have been fatigued since April just waiting all day to go to bed at 7.30pm or sometimes earlier most nights. I only got diagnosed 2 weeks ago so had no clue what was wrong . I kept doing hard exercise which I’m sure has set me back loads. 

I’ve had about 7 good days in 5 months .

Keep us updated on your progress .. I’m going through exactly the same thing weak depressed tired fed up not sleeping well.... and angry 😖 hang in there youngboy we have to get better this can’t go on forever ! 

• Posted

Hey Young Boy,

You're definitely not complaining and have nothing to be sorry for! I know most of the people on the forum empathise having went through similar experiences, just want you to be well again and reassure you that absolutely I don't think this is CFS or Lyme's at all from everything I know about your situation (you did the right thing getting tested for Lyme's and other things but the fact it's negative confirms that's not the issue at all and it is the mono I feel sure).

I believe this is the worst you are going through right now - this is the hardest phase you're in and absolutely hoping, praying and believing it's not going to get worse. Sometimes with this virus it just brings you to your knees and to a real low before things start to get better. It might feel like you're on the valley floor right now but I want to reassure you that I know have said it before but this kind of journey you are in right now, at 7.5 months, is still classic for the way mono goes - it's the post viral recovery phase which can just hit some real lows and feel like it's not going to get better, but it does and it will and it's not going to be CFS - I really really believe that Young Boy - it is truly understandable to be so worried about this and it's such a painful thing to go through thinking these things, but it's not going to be that I have absolute confidence and belief you are going to get better from this and everything that's been going on this past 7.5 months is caused by mono and is going to get better - and that this will be the worst 7.5 months you will have to go through BY FAR. 

Thinking about you and keep the head up Young Boy, I still think you've shown tremendous courage and bravery through this time and you should be proud of yourself for that - and you ARE going to get better, really you are. Keep taking it one day at a time for now and letting God work out the bigger picture.  

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.