Keep going an keep faith

Posted , 4 users are following.

Honestly I'm on week 7 today and by God I'm nowhere near cured but i just wanted to share my experience so far as i have read so many that have inspired me i need to pay it forward.

I was an anxious mess for six years . Pure health anxiety and agoraphobia of sorts. I managed to work but that's about it. I couldn't sleep at night and pushed myself to do everything which is the worst thing I could've done.

I was so anti medication. It got to a point seven weeks ago. I'd been off work for a month I contemplated suicide i was crying everyday and couldn't leave the house. My friend was urging me to take medication. It took a while but it got to the point i ether took it or i don't know. I lived with so much guiltand shame of myself.

So it was a bumpy start (first twonweeks were horrendous/)

Now I'm starting slowly tnsee the light. I'm going out for drives I've been to the newsagent

Im not breaking down everyday . I'm sleeping g easier .I'm still really tired but i think if your hpa axis is over run for so long it takes a while to heal .

Anyways I'm not cure yet but just wanted to share something g positive as i knowall the people who have posted has helped me immensely so thank you to them .

Good luck everyone stay strong

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

That's great to hear and things just get better and better.  At 4 mnths in I'm finding myself singing along to the radio in my car, when I was ill I didn't even listen to music.  I have a sense of homour again and I can even enjoy a couple of drinks with no ill effect (that's just me - not recommending it), I have an interview on Friday and I'm looking forward to the future again.  

Life is good and just getting better.  It's been a diffiuclt journey but I was so reluctant to take SSRIs but now wish I'd started them sooner.

• Posted

May I ask what drug and dose you are on please Anna? How long did you get initial side effects and when did you start to see improvement? Thankyou. Pete
    • Posted

yes certainly, I'm on Citalopram 20 mg.  I had really bad side effects for first 2-3 weeks which eased off and had gone by 6 weeks (i do still get more tired than I used to).  

I felt slight improvement at week 4 but then went very low again.  Then up and down.  Only really noticed a big improvement in the last 2-3 weeks.  At 3 mnths I wanted to up my dose because I thought it wasn't working, but a couple of weeks later felt the improvement.  Just seems to take time.

• Posted

Great stuff Anna . Glad you're feeling better. I'm the same i was so anti them lol

Thanks for the great reply i hope your interview goes well.

• Posted

Great stuff thanks for the reply. Love how you're getting better. I was anti them as well lol. Good luck with the interview smile

• Posted

Hi, great Feedback! Very encouraging. I am 6 Weeks tomorrow at 20 MG still feeling pretty anxious in the mornings and just kind of unwell and exhausted the rest of the time. Evenings are the best for me. I am hoping that 8 weeks I will see more improvement. Seems like a lot of work to get thru a day right now. Trying so hard to stay positive.

Thanks so much for your sharing your Positivity!

Shane

• Posted

Not a problem . Damn i think it's something hormonal most peoples is bad in the mornings. Think it's to do with the hpa axis. My mornings are getting better but i know what you mean feeling unwell o it. Hopefully as our bodies balance out as become stronger it will ease off. Good luck Shane

• Posted

Shane sorry one more major thing that s helped me is reminding used everyday of all the positive so far and saying ten grateful things each morning. It can be little things GS like I'm grateful for having water . It really helps wink

• Posted

Love this! So easy to get caught up in the awfulness of side effects and waiting to feel better we forget the good stuff in our Lives!
  • Posted

What dose are you on please?
    • Posted

I'm on 10mg i tried to up it but for me it's no good at all plus I'm seeing benefits to the 10mg.

I've always been senitive to meds and even vitamins. I'm a type 1 diabetic since age 6 and hardly take any insulin lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.