Keep going to the loo

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just finished 3 weeks of antibiotic and to say been to the loo 4 times normanly it's onces every two days do you think I should go back on antibiotic or it the coming off them that's caused this

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you are concerned I would phone your GP and ask him Sorry can't be more help

• Posted

If you have just finished 3 weeks of antibiotics then it's possible that the natural balance of good bacteria in your system has been disrupted. Whilst I don't know if that could be the only reason you have been to the loo more than usual it could be a contributing factor. Unless you have other symptoms causing you concern I would leave well alone and give it a few days to settle before taking more antibiotics. Perhaps a quick conversation with your GP will put your mind at rest if you are worried.

• Posted

Antibiotics always make me run to the loo and it takes a good week after finishing before my insides settle down and I get back into something closer to my normal rythym.  If you've still got the papers which came with the pills I suggest you read the section for side effects, to see if diarrhoea is one of the listed ones.

• Posted

I always get diarrhoea with antibiotics.

If you are worried I would see your GP.

Hope it improves. I take a probiotic daily to put the good bacteria back.

• Posted

Thought I had UTI pain so bad went to ER had CT scan,diverticulitis! Ugh. They wanted to give me Cipro, can't take because I had an Achilles Tendon Rupture caused by Cipro. So taking another antibiotic plus flagyl. Started anti last night. Saw PMD this morning. Liquid diet. Pain is still so bad hurts to walk. I had this once before in the 90's. Can't remember feeling this bad. Maybe because I'm older!!

• Posted

Have explosive diarrhea Dr. said because of what I had to drink before CT scan. Have to go to a graduation tomorrow morning. Hope it stops!!!
  • Posted

Take a probiotic. Ask pharmacist which is best. It's the antibiotics I think.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.