Keep missing periods and I want to know why

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey. I'm a 13 year old, but I got my period early, a month before I turned 10. I have periods every 5-6 months and I want to know why. My periods came normally, every month exactly for the first 2 years (age 10/11) but then it changed drastically.

I don't get the blood, but around the time of when my period is supposed to come I get the worst cramps and mood swings. I went to a Gynecologist, who ordered ultrasounds and such and he said I had Immature HPO axis, which means my body was still developing and figuring out the whole period business. He prescribed Progesterone pills to increase my blood flow. I got my period after 6 months that time.

That was a year ago. Now I got my second period since then, 5 months 3 weeks. But my blood is black and very light flow, while I normally have an extremely heavy flow, to the point where I changed my Maxi pads every hour. The blood is black and it smells very very bad, worse than usual. My period started 2 days ago and it feels like I'm at the end of one of my normal cycles. I suffer from migraines and have them more frequently now, to the point of a migraine nearly everyday.

Could medication be causing the late periods? I'm currently taking Imipramine medication to treat my nighttime bed-wetting. I take 600 mg NSaids for my migraines, and daily vitamin supplements (vitamin D3). I have low iron, inherited from my mom, and take iron drops. I'm overweight but exercise daily for an hour and eat pretty healthy.

I have been to MRI and X-rays for my migraines and back pain but nothing showed up on them. The ultrasound was clean and I have taken several blood testsas I have allergic reactions but nobody knows why. I want to know why I have irregular periods. I was tested for PCOS, which my mother had but came out clean.

Please, any advice would be great!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.