Keep posting but desperate

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi can anyone help? i was on citlapram for 18 years ranging from 10-40mg it stopped working or so i thoyght so my psych tapered me down in 2 months and i had withdrawel i stopped taking 10mg and started 50mg 8 weeks ago moving to 100mg 5 weeks ago i feel no better having brain zaps , tingling amd pressure in head and auite scared i called a chairry and all 3 trained professionals said withdrawel ! i cant go on like this

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi deblou

Please say you have made a mistake in saying you are on 100mgs of citalopram??

40 mgs is the maximum dose.

• Posted

i stopped taking 40mg of cit and now on 100mg of sertaline

• Posted

That's a relief!

I think you are still getting withdrawal from citalopram and start ups from sertraline. You were on a high dose and two months coming off all together is too fast.

I'm still getting withdrawal effects after reducing from 10 mgs to 5 mgs citalopram 6 months ago. It's also been worse over Christmas but I guess that's all the stress that goes with it.

It's horrible, it anti social and bloody annoying and I wish I could say something of use to you but I'm sort of in the same boat, totally fed up with it and just want to get back to some sort of normality. We will, one day.

😕

• Posted

i am so frustrated with it all so upset too x

• Posted

I understand, I get frustrated and tearful too. There's so many things I need and want to do but I can't. I find solace in thinking of others going through the same thing and there are hundreds of thousands of us out there. I think we just have to focus on what's ahead and try to keep moving forward. I push myself to do things like going to the supermarket today, I felt like I was going to pass out. I rush in like a tornado and back out again. It's horrible and very anti social. I wasn't this bad several weeks ago, it's been worse over Christmas. Maybe it's a blip.

Hopefully the sertraline will kick in for you soon and the horrible citalopram withdrawal effects will dissipate. Try to maintain a good diet and keep hydrated. Take care x

• Posted

Hope you get on alright at the doctors, maybe 100mg is too high a dose for you. Think like you I'm getting citalopram withdrawal you were on it a long time , and as sonia says stopping that and starting sertraline really messes you up. I stopped zopiclone 11 months ago but still suffering withdrawal, it's really hard not knowing what to do , others have said sertraline takes while to have effect.

• Posted

sonia how long have you been on sertraline

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I'm not on sertraline, I'm on 5mg citalopram, reduced from 10mg.

I tried sertraline years ago but it didn't agree with me, Gave me blood in urine.

• Posted

wow that taper is scary fast! im that sensitive and have all your symptoms plus pain etc and i have to do 2mgs a year! and suffered almost everyday, really hope it settles for you soon x

• Posted

Hi, I am going thru the same thing but it was an accident which is worse. I was delayed by a refill and was off of it for 6 days before I got the refill. Then went right back on it. This was 3 weeks ago, I am still a mess but I really think Sonia is right, it is withdrawal effects. In my case, it may be withdrawal and re-entry side effects at the same time. It is a battle with me. It really has been messing me up. The downward spiral is so scary. I felt like I was all alone, wanting to die, helpless, etc.I am amazed on how I am dealing with this. The only thing that gets me going is God, and the fact that these will pass. One of the amazing things that I learned thru all this is that I lack confidence in myself and that is one of the keys things due to my depression to begin with.

I am losing weight but I try to eat good. I belong to a depression/anxiety meetup group which I will be attending for the first time today. I am scared but it will get me out of the house.

• Posted

youre doing well ❤️ i reduced my dose and was settling after a year then got a faulty bottle and still trying to settle again 8 months on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.