Keep thinking of past

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there , does anybody constantly think about a time in the past that they are so embarssed by ? all my daily thoughts , from when i wake up are fixated on this event and i cant stop to think. it has made me so worried ,is there an easy way to say its in the past so forget it ?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi ro, the past is just that. it seems odd to say but it took me years to wipe mine and we're still not finished. sometimes your haunted past comes back when you least expect it. you need to talk, you need to let it out. as an ex assault victim, i still have days where my past is still there, in my head, waiting to come back. unless you can say what is going on trying to be healed or starting to be will be ready tough.

• Edited

I have thought about things in my past that have embarrassed me, but after a while, and doing it several times I realized that it was a waste of time. I was missing out on the present by living in the past.

when we live in the past, we are not living in the now and enjoying that. We are throwing the present away.

Life is too short to dwell on something in the past because the past does not exist anymore. The past is only in the mind and that’s it.

everybody has been embarrassed about some thing. Nobody that was with you when you were embarrassed is even remotely thinking about this anymore. People are so wrapped up in their own lives. I would say release it and let it go because it does not exist anymore. Find joy in your life now. Live in the present moment, the present day. Some ways to find joy are by helping other people, being with family and friends, doing something that gives you joy and makes you smile, writing down daily what you are grateful for etc..

I saw a saying that really helped me a lot. It’s said..."get out of your head and into your life" perfect.❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.