Keep thinking over teenage mistakes

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there just wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me. I keep thinking upon mistakes that happened when I was younger in my late teens and can stop being paranoid and embarrassed by them. Cant seem to enjoy my job, and its making my day to day life very hard 😦

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i totally understand but i would be amazed if any teenager didnt make a mistake. i made some horrific ones youre not alone!

• Posted

Try to get my head into this mindset. But maybe shows more about me as a person as to if i did not give any recognition for them ! its hard !

• Posted

mistakes you make as a teenager definitely do not define you as an adult!! i did stupid things with boys, drugs, partying, irresponsible spending, you name it. i cringe thinking about it. but without those mistakes learnt perhaps i wouldnt be as sensible as i am now in my 40s.

• Posted

there’s not one person on this earth that hasn’t made teenage mistakes.

what you are doing unfortunately is allowing the past which is long gone. to Affect your present now. It’s a complete waste of your time.

Life is precious. And every day is a blessing. I learned a long time ago to let things go because I don’t want to waste one moment of my life with regret. Life is short. Enjoy every moment!

Ask God for forgiveness for things you’ve done in the past and move on ! And God doesn’t want you to live in the past and be miserable. He wants you to enjoy the beautiful world he created for you.

you have control over your mind. You can think positive or negative. You are fighting with your mind. And that must be miserable.

imagine you are holding each thing one at a time that you did as a teenager . Now imagine you placing one of those things in a flowing river. and watch it flow away. Do that with the others also.

Let them go and you will find so much peace.

get involved with other things, so your mind is occupied. One thing that makes me feel so good is when I help somebody else whether it’s volunteering, or whatever. Helping others will also help you find peace.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.