Kegel exercise effcts

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone had results using Kegel exercises to increase the volume of urine they can hold and thereby decrease frequency of urinating?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've had good results with being able to hold longer and it's helped with incontinence. As a bonus or gas are very strong since doing kegels

• Posted

I was hoping it wasn't gas.  :-)  I've been working on kegels to help with incontinence.  It seems to help.

• Posted

I'm 13 days out from Green Light BPH prostate surgery & the Urologist has said  Kegels will help increase my 100ml pees 

• Posted

No, but there is another possibility.  A younger urologist said that for nocturia, he recommends that patients be checked for sleep disorders early on.  He said that rather being wakened by the bladder, a person can wake first, and then be conscious that there's some urine collected, and will get up.   He said older doctors were not aware of this because it wasn't taught in med school.

• Posted

I've often wondered if sleep disorders may cause night time drop in flow rates. I usually get up once or twice to pee. Some nights I'm right on the edge of not being able to pee. During the day I pee fine

• Posted

I would also be interested in views/ experience of others on this subject though I believe some efforts to reduce the frequency of urinating end up in retention of urine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.