Kelly

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I had an accident at work and am in pain , in my knees and hip . Would this bring on my fibro problem and make it worse ?

Thank you for any replys 😊

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi kelly i know the feeling i fell at work on sat ,now i am in pain pain currently movement is hell .try a hot soak it help abit .

• Posted

absolutely, any trauma at all, mental or physical will make fibro worse..God bless and have a lovely day xx

• Posted

i would say yes i can just from the stress of falling especially if you have hurt your self

hope your ok ❤❤

• Posted

Thank you Donna. Afraid not great and missing my job and the children I work with.

Got a x -ray on hip this week but am confident its my knee and then await scan. All take time and work not being understanding at all . I could understand maybe if it was my fault but they left a huge breeze block in front of door . 😣

Time I hope will heal x

• Posted

if you hurt yourself at work then its compo and they have to pay all medical expenses and make sure you get a letter from your GP stating it dont let them worry it happened at work so they are responsible for it stand your ground i worked in education pre primary and kindy for 15 year + and had to leave last year because of my fibro but i am still getting a income through my super as i had income protection that i didnt even know about only because i rang them my school did not tell me i even had it so at least i am not a burdan money wise at home i am with AMP ring your superanuation and find out if you have any sort of cover but you did it at work they have to pay you and take care of all medical expences wishing you all the best stay strong a stand your ground you did nothing wrong except hurt yourself at work stick to your guns hope your not to streesed thats the worst for us lots of love and support Donna ❤

• Posted

hi kelly ,fibro the unseen illness an as a result ppl dont get it ! seek advise for your HR Dept, because fibro comes and goes each episode is different and time period of illness .At the moment my fibro is progressive as its not good ,talking ,thinking is problematic . Tried not to stress about work although is hard too. stay positive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.