Keloid treatments

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a keloid scar on my chest for about 4 months and I've had 3 1/2 steroid injections and 4 v beam laser treatments and so far not a lot of significant improvement. Is it gonna take more treatments to diminish the scar or is it pretty much not gonna work?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi ales jim here my scar is same tryed scar-gel. steroid injections all sorts the nhs is no use here.i think the only way i can make mine look better is surgery
  • Posted

Yea I actually did try that and it grew back. This really happened a year ago but in September is when my current keloid formed so I'm trying to take it from there. I just want the redness gone and so far no help
  • Posted

my keloid is 4yrs old and is a mess after heart surgery it itches so bad i use a wire brush on it how does lasor work on it ?
  • Posted

Mine doesn't itch at all for some reason. The laser is a beam of light that shoots directly to underneath the scar to shrink the blood vessels which make it appear more red and supposedly to bring out the normal skin pigmentation from underneath the scar
  • Posted

so how did you get scar alex? its going to cost a fortune if private the nhs hospital could not keep up my injections they looked to be healing
  • Posted

I got it from removing a mole. Worst decision of my life. Fortunately my parents are helping me with payment on the treatments. The steroids def have made it more flat but it's not completely flat.
  • Posted

so are you in uk getting it done /
  • Posted

Nah US
  • Posted

Didn't even realize this was uk site

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.