Kenalog injection for hayfever

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, has anyone used kenalog injection for hayfever symptoms. What are the side affects, would you recommend. Thank you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had two of these injections, one each year before the onset of symptoms. My doctor gave me the injection in my left bum cheek muscle and they worked amazingly well; symptom free for the first time yay!! 

However on seeing another doctor at the same surgery when my usual G.P was not available, she asked me all kinds of questions about how long I had the injections and she was furious!! Not with me; but with my G.P as she pointed out to me that the kenelog injection would leave me with all kinds of long term complications in the future given that I was young and this would make me an old person physically before my time, she was shocked to why he agreed to them and told me they were dangerous! I was so shocked 😮 

She outright refused me my 3rd injection and said that I had two safer options; to control my symptoms with medications that had been proven to be safe over the years or desentisisation. 

I had a lot to think about after our conversation that day. So after careful consideration I took the safer option of medication which helped up until this year.  I am currently on maximum dosage for everything and suffering horrible side effects now. 

So I have been referred to immunology in Manchester to start desensitisation next month - fingers crossed this bloody works so I can actually enjoy the other 6 months of a year! ??😤

Hope this helps!! Good luck! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.