Keppra Rage

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on Keppra 250mg twice daily for four days. Despite regular seizures I'm feeling quite cheery.... When will Keppra rage set in?? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Keppra rage? I have been on keppra for years and it's one of the only drugs that works for me and I take 1.5g morning and night. There is side effects for all medications and some times you won't get any. Like you said yourself I have been very happy and fine on this drug so you might be lucky and have no side effects.
  • Posted

Some have rage Nicola but not everyone is the same so while you ar happy don't worry xx

Be Wellxxx

• Posted

I tried Keppra for a few months, I had no signs of rage, but I was terribly depressed, and difficult to describe, but feelings about things were way off  mark, and i laugh now at what I was thinking about which seemed perfectly normal and rational, don't get me wrong, it wasn't dangerous just silly, I asked to come off it, I was better off it, put on other meds now, no side effects from them other than starting to have seizures which I hadn't in two years. I suppose it is different for everyone.
  • Posted

Nicola

Not everyone goes through Keppra rage, but I unfortunately did. A big factor may have been my dosage, 1000mg/day. (I almost got arrested in public). Before Keppra (Levetiracetam), I was on 450mg/day of Lamictal (Lamotrigine). I felt good but had a break through seizure. That’s when he put me on 1000mg/day of Levetiracetam. Because of the rage, my Dr. switched me to another med and I couldn’t function at work, felt dumb. So now I take a combo of Lamotrigine, 450mg/day, and upped the dose to 1500mg/day of levetiracetam after another problem. I still don’t have the rage anymore even though he increased the dosage of levetiracetam. I would have preferred increasing the lamotrigine, but I’m maxed out on the dosage.

It will take more than 4 days to see if the Keppra is effective to control your seizures. Hope it works out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.