Keratosis pilaris

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently diagnosed with this extremely itchy rash predominantly on my upper arms.

Balneum plus prescribed which is temporarily soothing plus a gentle steroid cream.

for me the itching is so bad I have to depend on telfast antihistamine tablets daily to provide relief,otherwise I would scratch and unfortunately cause bleeding.

Anyone else have ideas

i know lots of patients with keratosis pilaris don’t necessarily get associated itching.Plus I am middle aged so don’t necessarily fit the typical patient profile 

i shall be most grateful and pleased with any advice to sooth the symptoms.

i understand that gentle exfoliating may be useful.

thaning you😊?🎈

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This condition is something you are born with. I have it. Your doc can give you creams to smooth it out. Lufa also helps. My daughter has it worse than me.
    • Posted

Sun also helps me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.