Keto diet and severe symptoms a month in low iron due to fibroids

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I had been doing the keto diet for about a month and was doing well. Lost 3 kilos and thought i was taking enough electrolytes. i was taking Branched Chain amino acids with electrolytes and only realised that there are hardly any electrolytes. Anyways i got my period and day 6 woke up with severe fatigue, severe anxiety, crying i think out of fear if whats happening. very low blood pressure, nausea, racy heart, jittery , nervous, lightheaded and dizzy. thought it was my low iron so had iron infusion. No reaolve. doctor said my Bp was 80/60. ive been put on hydralyte and sugar tablets called glucodin. feel awful in the morning and as night time comes i feel a little better. its awful feeling like this. its been 5 days and im terrified it wont go. Sorry for the long story . will call Dr and see if i should go to hospital. Not sure of its the Low Iron or the Keto

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You dont say what your iron levels are. These fad diets don't work any better than a low calorie one, and can cause organ damage. Your kidneys weren't designed to deal with that. It will wear off, eat a good natural diet, you can still lose weight and feel good.

• Posted

thanks laura. my iron and saturation were below range due to fibroids so as you said most likely diet and iron infusion. usually they make the liquid gp im slowly but this time it was too quick

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.