Keto Diet & Current Daily Medications

Posted , 4 users are following.

I stated the Keto diet recently. I have experienced a decrease in energy, very fatigued and bouts of dizziness/feeling light-headed. I am currently taking a low dose Metoprolol for tachycardia and wondering if that may have something to do with it? Has anyone else experienced this on a low carb diet? I also take a birth control pill daily, Sertraline daily and Ambien prn. Any suggestions for what I can do for energy during this process would be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

maybe you should run this all past your GP in case there is a 'clash of interests' going on with your diet and your meds - only somebody with a medical background would know what the side effects, if any, would be regarding your meds and advice on a forum from people who do not have this info could be conflicting at the best and dangerous at the worst.

• Posted

The fatigue and dizziness is due to low electrolytes. Insulin is responsible for retaining electrolytes, especially sodium, therefore when insulin is very low as with a keto diet, electrolytes are lost much quicker. You should ideally get some electrolyte tablets but if not try adding some more salt to you meals. This should help smile

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) as it is broken. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Keto diet is extremely popular and people, who follow it, never forget to rave about it. This diet helps reduce anxiety, fuels workouts, uplifts mood and helps in getting ripped.
  • Posted

I found the source of my lack of energy and dizziness the week I posted this. It was my beta blocker making me feel that way. My dosage had became to high since the diet beacause my heat rate was under control. I am on my 4th week of Keto and I love it. I’m not having any problems and I feel great! Thanks for the comments. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.