Keyhole or not

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently had a pre assessment for an operation I'm having on 15th June to have my ovarian cyst removed. She seems to think it will be done by keyhole and I'll be out the same day? My cyst is 9cm. Does anyone know if this is likely? Thank you. Debs

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I was told that as long as it's filled with fluid they can normally collapse the cyst and sick it out via keyhole, I was also told that cysts under 10cm are mainly done via keyhole.

All the best with your op.

Julie x

• Posted

Hi Julie

They said it was simple cyst but it's solid, but hopefully ur right and I will have it keyhe

Thankyou for ur reply x

• Posted

Last Thursday I had both my ovaries -one of which had a cyst on and tubes removed by keyhole. I had to stay in hospital for two nights but only because I was very sick the second night. But I think everyone recovers differently but can't see any reason why they can't do it keyhole. 4 days on I feel quite well. Just a bit sore and bloaty. Hope it all goes well
  • Posted

I am having abdominal hysterectomy due to size of complex cyst. I do know that it's important to have a gynecological oncologist do the surgery.
  • Posted

Hi , a laproscopy is key hole. Usually one hole by the belly button and two others. If it's two big they'd removed it with an operation so hopefully it ll be a quick and painless day surgery one. I have been seeing about having mine removed and went yesterday for an ultra sound and it's vanished wahoo thank god as it was large xx
    • Posted

Too big! Bloody predictive texts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.