Keyhole removal of my brothers gangrenous gall bladder

Posted , 3 users are following.

My brother had keyhole surgery 10 days ago to remove his gangrenous gall bladder and stone. However today after having  a chemically enhanced x Ray they discovered not all the gall bladder was removed nor the stone.  He also has a drain.  What is the next step for him?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness! Why did they not remove all of this? If he has an infection or another type of problem seems to me that would have to be taken care of and he will have to face more surgery to finish the procedure. I am just guessing. I will keeep him in my prayers.
  • Posted

Hi, I was reading about a situation like this only yesterday and was surprised as I had never heard of someone having a partial removal of gb. However from what I read if the calots triangle is very inflamed ( from my inexperienced non medical view) it looks like where all the arteries and bile duct are where the gallbladder is. Then its too risk to remove around there just now. You would get better information if you google inflamed calots triangle than if I tried to explain it. Hope this helps and that he gets eell soon
  • Posted

Wish we had an edit button it was supposed to say risky. And gets well soon.!!
  • Posted

Hi, I was reading about a situation like this only yesterday and was surprised as I had never heard of someone having a partial removal of gb. However from what I read if the calots triangle is very inflamed ( from my inexperienced non medical view) it looks like where all the arteries and bile duct are where the gallbladder is. Then it's too risky to remove around there just now. You would get better information if you google inflamed calots triangle than if I tried to explain it. Hope this helps and that he gets well soon
    • Posted

Hi gee, thanks this is very useful indeed!  Will definitely look it up now.

thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.