Kick in time

Posted , 4 users are following.

does anyone remember how long it took for their venlafaxine to start helping them get out of this awful place?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How long and what dose ru on? Think mine took couple of weeks, I did feel more anxiety until they kicked in, hope ur ok xx
    • Posted

Thanks 1979. Am on 75mg. Had dropped to 37.5 but withdrawel was hell. Bottled it and upped dose again. Not functioning at the mo. Feel constant waves of panic and feel very depressed. Mornings are very scarey.
    • Posted

Aw not nice sad but it will pass, maybe contact ur doctor for reassurance, u will get there xx
    • Posted

Yes well I remember my first week was worse u will start to feel better over the next coming days xx
  • Posted

I felt worse before I felt better, and it was about 6 weeks before it had any significant effect.  After that I found the Effexor was great.  I was on it for years and it took away depression and anxiety.  I am sure you will feel better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Anne.  Hoping as I had been on for 7 years and only halved the amount that it will kick in sooner. The longer you feel like this the harder it gets.
  • Posted

Hi Valerie,

It may take up to six weeks before you feel the full effects of this drug. Most of this type of drug take similar times. You should be feeling more settled after two weeks but patience is the key here. You will feel better.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.