Kicked off ESA with generalized anxiety disorder but can get PIP but feels suicidal

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I had my medical for ESA in beginning of December and got a text on a Sunday morning two weeks before Christmas saying a decision had tried calling me but I been poorly with mad migraines due to meds changed and stress. So I phone was off till dinner time. When I switched it on at dinner time. Anyway I checked my voicemail and missed the call so I waited but never go a return call all day.and the next morning. So I rang them. Was told I failed. And that was it!!! So I asked for a call back from someone who could discuss in more detail. With this. I suffer badly I was getting very agigitated as the afternoon went on. My mood had dropped considerably. I can go from been from what I say is normal to very low in a very short time but it had been a few hours now so I had been brewing up and really dropped my mood I was ready to do myself in. When she phoned me all give really said was that I was cable to go to the shop and take my puppy round the block so I'm able to work. I'm fuming. My job was a senior care assistant I did it for 22 years I've been awarded pip recently so they can see I have a disability and I have got a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder. The lady who was called Jane ended up calling the police on me and they ended up at my house in Front of my 14 year step daughter lucky my older stepdaughter was of 22 I couldn't face the police and she couldn't get my doctor I pleded with her not to phone the police but we told them at the medical I been feeling like this for months and they scored me 0 and as soon as I say on the phone police get called. But I'm still expected to signed on and look for work and in the mean time try not to think about failing my apeal

Nice of DWP another way to save millions and ways to brings numbers down nevermind the sucide number go up the government

And the Jobcentre should be renamed joke shops!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, ESA and PIP are 2 completely different benefits. Some who claim PIP work as well. They're not link to each other and if a person qualifies for PIP doesn't mean they be put into one of the groups for ESA.

You now have 28 days from the date on the letter to as for the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). You'll also need a copy of the assessment report so please ring and ask for them to send you it. Gather as much extra evidence as you can. Most MR decisions remain the same so you need to be prepared to take it to appeal tribunal. Once the appeal has been logged at tribunal you can the claim ESA again, until then it's JSA. It's a very long process. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks denise I'm already in the process of doing my tribunal the MR was a complete waste of time. I know pip and esa are two different benifets but I was just making a point. I just feel the government have done this to get more people off and made it harder for people like myself. I use catheters and I was told at my medical by a lady. Do I wet myself because of it. I said yes. I said very rarely but now and again if I don't get there in time. But it does happen. She suggested for me to wear a pad. I worked in care for 22years I was under a urologist for 24months no one suggested any of this to me and what if I get a job where I'm on my feet and the pad drops out my trousers I never go back with embarrassment they haven't got a clue. I'm 41 not 65.

• Posted

its so cruel!!! this whole process,,, they dont care about us as we just seem to be beneath them all....you must stay strong and fight for what you are entitled too Paul and keep us updated...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.