Kidney

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I was thinking about donating my kiney to a child if this possible if so where do I need to go to do this ?  Any help would be great thanks 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Rachel,

About three years ago I had almost total kidney failure, a most unpleasant experience.Unless you have to do this for a family member or partner it seems unnecessary. In any case there would need to be a tissue match. There is always a chance of infection even in the very best hospitals. 

In many countries organs like kidneys are sold. But not in UK. thank God. 

Other organs are prohibitively expensive, like a kidney. That little sucker costs $262,000 in the US (other countries have it for cheaper)! Here's the full list of body parts and their cost:

Pair of Eyeballs: $1,525

Scalp: $607

Skull with Teeth: $1,200

Shoulder: $500

Coronary Artery: $1,525

Heart: $119,000

Liver: $157,000

Hand and Forearm: $385

Pint of Blood: $337

Spleen: $508

Stomach: $508

Small Intestine: $2,519

Kidney: $262,000

Gallbladder: $1,219

Skin: $10 per square inch

Please : Don't even think about it    Eric x

• Posted

Rachel, please takes Eric's advice.  Do not be taken in by anyone on this site who offers to take advantage of you and certainly do not give your email address to anyone either.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.