KIDNEY DISEASE BLOOD TEST - Protein in my Urine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

MY KIDNEY DISEASE PROBLEM. PROTEIN IN MY URINE. I am 73yrs and have Diabetes for 10 years. Not on diabetes meds. Nothing.

In a recent blood test my "BUN" numbers were 25. The range goes up to 20. Somewhat high and this means my kidneys are allowing PROTEIN to escape the Kidney Filters and enter my urine.

Because of "UREA" in the protein my Urine bubbles up. My question is as follows:

IS THERE ANYTHING ONE CAN DO TO REVERSE THIS OR STOP PROTEIN (Proteinura) from entering my kidneys. I AM A DIABETIC TOO.

If anyone has any knowledge of kidney problems and can give me some advice - I would welcome it.

Thank You So Much

Kingjerry42

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

So I had a similar issue when I was younger. I am 24 now and I had this when I was about 3 years old, give or take, so it's been about over 20 years or so.

I was on some light medication for a while, but you should ask your doctor. 

• Posted

Again, this is very normal in terms of kidney issues.

I dont have much more information, but feel free to PM me.

I know how stressful this can be.

Good luck and all the best!

smile

• Posted

Hi

It's a test where they measure nitrogen levels produced by your kidneys because you are diabetic it runs the risk of your kidneys not working properly the test also checks how your liver is function

Higher levels and lower levels means different things

You can't reverse it but keep drinking fluids and always make sure your diabetis is under control that's about the best advice but get your doctor to explain things to you its not really my field I'm more gastrointestinal dissorders but know about diabetice as I get a lot of patients through my ward with thise types of symptoms hope that helped a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.