Kidney finction of 46

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i have had test and found my cfr was 46 can i still lead a normal life with this level?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes you can is the answer to this, I was working full time, running a business, looking after my family and doing three excersise classes a week with a GFR of 6% you may get a bit tired but you will be good.

• Posted

Thanks helen im so pleased my gfr was 52 but went down to 46 after recentlty having a uti and was worried it was too low
    • Posted

Hi,

Having an infection can lower your GFR sometimes it comes back up and sometimes it stays as it is, it all depends on the reason for your CKD.  It is always a worry when it drops whether we are expecting it to or not.  You can't help getting a UTI, mine used to drop if I had a cold and it would always turn into a chest infection or pleuresey (that spelling is incorrect lol).  Certain meds can make it drop as can some antibiotics so it may be worth giving it a couple of weeks and having it re tested, also a GFR is only a best guess and not too accurate that is why neph's use creatinine levels as they are true.  Whatever way it goes you will be fine, you need to carry on as you are and keeping doing what you enjoy.  Don't worry about things you have no control over and keep smiling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.