Kidney infection

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just finished my antibiotics for kidney infection but there's still a little blood when I wipe but it has lightened up a lot. How long will it be before it's completely gone?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It depends what you mean by 'just finished'.  The blood is caused by the bacteria irritating your bladder wall so if the ABs have done their job the wall should now be healing and repairing itself.  If you still have signs of fresh (red) blood, however light,  after about 7 days you should maybe go back to your GP as it  ight mean the infection hasn't gone. Also take note of when your period starts as this could confuse things! 

I hope it's all cleared up and all is well.

• Posted

I would have thought it would have been more appropriate to consult a doctor on that subject !
    • Posted

I'm going today but was trying to see if anyone experienced the same thing because I've never had one before. But thanks anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.