Kidney pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

At last my doctor is referring me back to the urologist I have had terrible kidney pain over the last week, it feels like I have something growing I feel it when laying down, I do have a cyst but was told last year it was just a cyst, now I am scared because it feels like it has got huge,. I had brown urine over a week ago so I think it had ruptured.....

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Its good the doc is referring you back to urologist at least, hope you dont have to wait long and its an urgent note with it. l had cystoscopy not long since and told l,d a cyst on my left kidney and my right one was small, but my main problems are bladder intersticial cystitus, though at times l do get pain soreness stinging in kidney area and l do worry a bit, despite being told nothing to worry about, seems typical response to cysts. But my pain is only occassionally and not too bad, so l,m ok. Though if pain was frequent or severe l,d ask for referral back to urologist. l think we all know what we feel is abnormal inside our bodies, or has grown, but its possible the brown urine was old blood from some inflammation. Anyway hope your hear soon,
    • Posted

Thank you for your comments, I had ultrasound only last October and they said everything is ok, previous to that was taken to hospital twice by ambulance because of flank and groin pain had a ct but nothing came up, I don't know if there was a cyst then I was not told anything, I know I get this feeling that my kidney will explode then brown urine will appear it seems like it ruptures then it all starts again, I hope I get it sorted as it will be 3 years come January I have been having problems... Thank you again
    • Posted

Hi, l went on for many years with frequent severe pain and poor health, that was following surgery  csection with infection, but no net then for info or advice, so relied on gp, who hadnt a clue really, so fobbed me off with post op, gyny, hormones, phycalogical,then finally a cystascope showed intersticial cystitus, given meds improved symtpoms 90percent, now niggles now and again, tolerable, but scans have shown cyst, but no known pain caused by it. But so many on mbs speak of severe symptoms of long standing and nothing shown on xrays, scans, scopes, a puzzle, and l believe vast majority have genuine pain poor health, and there is types of problems that dont show up on tests,my ic didnt show up on blood tests, xrays, scans, took a scope to diagnose it. My pain was like in a cycle, monthly, one week intense, sever moderate, on the intense week l,d have frequency and feel a need to bear down, and when l did l,d pass pus type stuff, which actually eased it for a time,so l also felt something was bursting and draining, relieved it,  but it would reocur later, If your urine is brown again take a sample into docs.    l know they can miss things, or it doesnt show up, l,d say to anyone if theyre in severe pain with poor health to keep on at Drs for a reason. l know some will never find a cause, but some will. Best wishes.
    • Posted

I have taken in sample been tested everything ok also had cystoscopy and ultrasound that was ok too. Just wait and see thankyou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.