Kidney pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a kidney stent put in one day ago on my right side after a rather large stone was busted up by the laser is it normal to hurt really bad in my right kidney after I urniate

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes x

Was stented for 6 weeks then stone was blasted and restended afterwards and the pain was there constantly in the kidney area

I had diclofenic suppositories and kept on top of pain with cocodomal and used a heat pad over the kidney to give some relief.

Hope that helps

• Posted

After the stent was removed did the pain go away I'm suppose to remove the stent myself after wearing it for 3 days and the only pain I'm having is severe pain in my kidney

• Posted

No I had pain for around 5 days but it gradually went easier but people said try a heat pad, it drove my pain mad so I took it off. A hot shower did help as I got told the kidney and bladder was going in to spasms after the stent had been taken out. I was given Naproxen and they did help. My stent was in for 2 days and my consultant took it out.

Don't leave the pain.

• Posted

Hi, I had my kidney stone lasered 3 weeks ago, it was broken up inside me and some of it removed. I found the pain to last about 10 days but I did have to have the Dr out to give me pain killers and antibiotics and it did start to help

I do feel a lot better know and have passed little bits of stones.

It does get better, this is my 2nd kidney stone operation as I had one 7 years ago also.

Take care and rest and if need be contact your Doctor.

Let me know how you go on.

• Posted

Yes, I had a similar procedure done about a month ago and was in a lot of pain for at least a few days. I was taking norco for the pain. The stent bothered me every day it was in and I couldn't wait to take it out. I was to take it out after 5 days. I was instructed to remove it myself by pulling the string attached and that was surprisingly pain free and I felt immediate relief after. If you are taking the stent out yourself I recommend doing it in the shower with a full bladder. Hope you feel better soon. 

• Posted

Hi christy

In my own experience, i had stents in both kidneys and every time i went to urinate it was agony. It felt as though someone was trying to pull my kidneys and internal organs to the ground.

I was catheterised on and off for a month and this relieved the pain .

I personally found the stents to be more painful than the stones.

Diclophenic was my saviour through my ordeal.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.