Kidney pain and blood in urine

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 weeks ago my GP sent me to hospital as she suspected I had a kidney stone as well as an infection, I had a CT scan and a cystoscopy but they couldn't find anything so they assumed I passed the stone, 3 weeks on I still have kidney pin on left side and visable blood in my urine, I have had 2 weeks of antibiotics but still having trouble actually going for a pee and with the blood and protein.

Any tips on what to do next ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Becky this is the same as me but my pain has been on going for 10weeks now all my tests come back negative other than blood and protein in my urine!! I'm in excruciating pain and I can't go to work etc because of it. I had a cyostscope and ct all fine I've had NHS treatment and now under a private urologist trying to find out what it is!! I woke up last night in pain crying my eyes out!! I'm unsure what to do also! Hope you get the help soon!

• Posted

Im god I'm not the only one, the pain is horrible, I don't feel right in myself but don't want to go back to the doctors of the hospital can't find anything, I'm drinking 2.5 L per day but peeing about a cup in total 😑😑

• Posted

That's the same as me I was Catheterised when I was admitted to hospital I've just had the hospital phone to say I have another CT scan on Friday!! Today the pain is worse then it's been for about a month does your pain full at all?

• Posted

Hi no I haven't I don't know if that will be next?!? It's frustrating, should I be asking my urologist if that will be happening? I don't know if I have proteinuria however that doesn't seem to have a symptom of pain??

• Posted

The pain you are describing was just like mine. A constant stitch in my side. The pain would usually last 1-3 hrs and then go away... sometimes a few hours later or days later or sometimes even weeks or months. I had tests done as well nothing was found. So my GP never repeated the tests and I was referred out to GI doctors etc..Long story short I had hydronephrosis of my right kidney. I was having renal colic episodes that are felt like a stitch pain in your side. What was happening was my urinary tube at the entrance to my kidney was kinking and then unkinking. It went undetected in my early tests probably because when I would have the scan it wasn't kinked... anyway I ended up losing my kindney when it was finally caught too late. Maybe ask your doctor if that could be a possibility? I never even heard of hydronephrosis before this happened to me.

• Posted

Hi Andrea, sorry to jump on to this was this pain at any time constant like did it last for weeks?? At all?? The pain I've had for the last 10weeks is a constant pain in back/side of body pain?

• Posted

No, mine was never constant like that. The most the pain would last would be 1-3 hrs at a time. I had constant pain towards the end like 3 years later went to the ER and CT showed severe hydronephrosis.
  • Posted

Hello,

It's constant pain in my side rolleyes I called my doctor last night who said I should go to hospital so I did and now I have to go to the urology centre today, they did an ukdrasound but can't find anything rolleyes I keep being sick or feeling sick, tired, swollen ankles, blood in pee and this annoying pain. But no answers 😑😑

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.