Kidney stents, with bloody discharge

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had stent put in 2 days ago 29/5/18. I was was having endometriosis removed and ureter was nicked during surgery and emergency stent was put in place. I have a lot of flank pain. But what is worrying me most  is the discharge that’s coming from my urethra. It’s quite heavy, bright red blood approx tablespoon size along with the odd clot.  Is this normal enough? I read people taking about blood in urine but can’t seem to find anything about blood just coming out onto pants :0/

Urine is still rosey in colour but I was told to expect this. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a  lot of blood in my urine when I had kidney stones.

Had them removed by keyhole surgery at beginning of December last year

Was in hospital for a week.

Had a catheter in for a few days and a stent in for a week..

Went back for a followup appointment last week and everything is now fine I have been completely discharged.

So I know how painful kidney stones and stents can be.

Do take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.