Kidney Stone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had terrible lower back pain for the last few days and have also noticed that I still feel as though my bladder isn't empty even after urinating. There's no burning or pain when urinating...I just feel like my bladder isn't fully emptied and the sensation has gotten worse today. Yesterday I noticed a light pink tinge a couple of times after urinating. I passed a kidney stone many years ago and am wondering if it's happening again. Any thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi diana88539, I am new to kidney stones but my brother had it three times and those were the symptoms he had , I would suggest u see ur doc and have it checked out to be on the safe side. good luck.....
    • Posted

Unfortunately I do not currently have insurance thus the request for thoughts. It's been so long since I passed a stone that I don't really remember the symptoms (teen then and in 40's now). I appreciate your reply as I just needed some reassurance that it's probably just a stone. If things get considerably worse I'll bite the bullet and go to the doctor...I'd just rather not have to pay out of pocket if he's going to tell me to drink lots of water. I'm managing the pain with otc pain relievers and right now that's working. Thanks again!

• Posted

No burning or pain when urinating would suggest not UTI infection.

sounds like onset of kidney stone,so yes keep Meds up and plenty of fluid.

I noticed I was urinating all the time when I had my stones,they passed but took roughly 7 weeks and still have one to go .

• Posted

Wish you all luck, I never knew how painful having kidney stone is.. I stopped drinking water cuz it mks me pee consistently and since I have the stent it's getting more and more painful. I ct wait till I am stone free...good luck to us all

• Posted

Thanks for your response. Though I've never actually experienced a UTI, I didn't think the symptoms fit. I experienced severe back pain for about 3 days. Although I will sometimes still feel a twinge, the most aggravating symptom I'm currently experiencing is the feeling of still needing to urinate even after I've passed water. The pain is actually minimal at this point. I really just needed some reassurance that I'm simply passing a stone (although for some it's not so simple). Since I've passed a stone before, I was thinking that's what was currently happening but I wanted some advice before running to the doctor, paying out of pocket and having him tell me to drink water and let's see what's happening. Thanks again for your opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.