Kidney stone 2 months ago and still experiencing pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 22 y/o male and I had a 5mm kidney stone about 2 months ago. This is my second stone in a year and this particular stone has been extremely harsh on my health. I passed my stone a few weeks ago but I have still been experiencing pain in my flank. I went to urgent care last week and the doctor gave me more pain meds and antibiotics in case of a kidney infection or UTI. A few days later, my blood work and urinalysis did not detect any of that and came back normal. I am scheduled for a CT scan next week to find out what is going on because the pain has not gotten any better. I am concerned because if no stones are detected,  then I may have  kidney damage, right? Can a doctor even detect if my kidney was damaged from the stone? This has been TERRIBLE and is starting to suck the life out of me, I am trying to find the most effective way possible to move on from this pain.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you are going through this when at your age you should be looking forward to your life ahead of you.

Not sure if the kidney could be damaged but I'm sure the doctors will be able to tell you that.

Hope your CT scan is OK.

I struggled with kidney stones and Urinary Tract Infections all last year.

A consultant operated by keyhole surgery in December and I am now OK.

It was complicated because I was born with horseshoe kidneys (joined together)  so they are not normal anatomically.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.