Kidney Stone

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am waiting for surgery to remove a kidney stone at Hereford. No date yet.

In the meantime I have another urine infection again.

Ended up in A and E in Abergavenny in a lot of pain Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

I was given morphine which helped and discharged with antibiotics.

So fed up with the pain.

Will ring Hereford tomorrow and try to atleast buck them up with the operation.

Feel I should not be having to do that, but nobody else is on my side at the moment.

Local surgery is not good.

Sorry to be moaning.

Sarah

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I understand the pain you are going through because just the other day I ended up in ER for my kidneys.  The CT scan didn't show a large stones only small ones that they said I should be able to pass easily and they are not worried about it and a benign cyst on one of my kidneys.  They also told me I was full of infection that the sent me home with script for after putting same in my IV.  I am still hurting badly enough to cry and Urologist doesn't want to see me until after antibiotics are gone.  I am thinking I should have had a CT done "with" contrast to show more clearly what's going on with me.  Was yours with contrast?  If they told you you need surgery and haven't even set up a date yet, if I were you I would be calling your Urologist and "demand" surgery immediately because kidneys are nothing to fool around with.  The only reason maybe that they haven't set up a date is that if you are full of infection doctors never operate until it is cleared up.  Are you full of infection?  If so, that is probably the only reason they are waiting.  I know you are hurting and I know what you are going through.l

• Posted

I had urine infection last week but they took bloods and said my actual kidneys were fine, apart from the stone.

I now have to have a scan (not sure if it will be contrasted) then wait for consultant to look at scan and make me an appointment to see him, then wait for surgery. So it goes on and on.

Some days I am fine and others I am just in bed.

Hope they sort you out soon.

Sarrah

• Posted

The doctor will probably dissolve your stone because it would be too large for you to pass and you will be fine after surgery.  My stones are 1/16" big and I still think that is large enough to be painful to pass, but apparently the doctor doesn't think so.  My antibiotic is not working and it has been 5 days now I been on it.  I have a doctors appointment in the morning for some pain meds refill which is oxycodone 10 mg.  I slept a bit better than yesterday, but I am still in a lot of pain.  Hopeful that I am over this soon.  Good luck with your surgery.  I hope he does it soon for you.

• Posted

i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE MAKING YOU WAIT FOR SURGERY SARAH, THAT IS JUST CRAZY!  Yesterday I thought my antibiotic finally had start working after 7 days of it because I felt half way decent and even went to church last night and had 2 friends over for lunch that I prepared.  Well last night after going to bed I was awakened with severe pain 3 times and at 4:30 a.m. I got up to reheat my heating therapy bag in boiling water for 10 minutes and I fell asleep in the chair and needless to say the water boiled out and I totally ruined my heating therapy bag, so I had to use a heating pad and it got too hot and I took it off.  I am going to have to try to lay in a hot bath tonight hopefully I don't fall asleep in the tub and drown myself. I don't want to have to go back to ER.  I don't understand why (although my primary care doctor and urologist are both new and I never saw before) they can't move my appointment up to "immediately" to see why I am still in so much pain.  I just don't understand why they are making me wait.  I hope they move your surgery for sooner so that you are taken care of.  I know the pain you are in.  My left side feels like it is swollen so big that I am carrying a football in my side!  I am having a hard time just walking and standing up straight.  Good luck Sarah and I will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

Thank you so much. Still no date for anything yet.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Love Sarah xx

• Posted

And thank you for your prayers also Sarah I gues we both need them at this point.  Trying to get the hospital to move the surgery up is about the only thing you can do it seems, and NO you should not have to do that with the pain you are in.  I was told I could see a doctor next Tuesday and if I have pain in betewen that I cannot stand that I need to go back to the ER and they will treat me with whatever I need.  I almost went last night but the pain subsided until this morning again.  I may have to go again to the ER yet this week.  Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.