Kidney stone

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi. I've been receiving good advice on this forum. but nice to broaden it out too. i have a 4 mm kidney stone located close to kidney ureter. i have pain meds for it but it hasnt started yet. my problem is to know when it's going to start and how painful it could really be. I'm drinking 3 litres of water per day. i had a ct scan on November 20th and the stone was that size then. hope it hasnt got any bigger. trace of blood was found in urine 6 months ago. maybe this is the reason. cheers Kevin..

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi im new here , I had a right side kidney stone 3 years ago , let me tell you the pain was so bad . I do beleive ive another one the right again , had pain in kidney (,slight)getting pain wot feels like it's in my stomach down the right side . feel sick most of the time . been to see doctor they took a urine sample, no infection but small trace of blood. pain seems to come and go and feels like it goes down to my hip and groin blood works all clear so I'm worried that it may not be a kidney stone 😔, I have health anxiety and I'm so worried anyone else have a stone with normal blood works

• Posted

hi sharon. sorry to hear of your problem..when there was trace of blood in my urine, i was sent for a cystoscopy. this exam rules out problems with the bladder. all that went well. so i was sent for a ct scan wihich discovered a 4 mm kidney stone which caused pain but eventually passed through with no need for operation..hope this helps ..

• Posted

Since this it the most active recent thread, I am posting my question here as no one has responded to my own post after 24 hours. I am 52 year male with 9mm stone diagnosed in November 2023.

1. I had Ureteroscopy with lithrotripsy on 02/09/2024. A JJ Stent was placed in.
    2. The stent comes out on 02/29/2024. It was originally supposed to come out on 02/12/2024 but I was told it needed to stay longer because there is stricture and that they had to dilate to get to stone.
    3. Last few days I have 24/7 urge to pee and not much is coming out.
    4. I can keep going every few minutes and will urinate tiny bit every time but the urge does not stop.
    5. I cannot tell if I have UTI or Retention or both. I have never had either in my life and I am reading that the symptoms are similar.
    6. I have never had Prostate issue.

Is it common to have this issue because of stent? I am really hoping for someone to tell me things should improve after stent removal. I have already contacted my doctor and waiting to hear back.

Should I take any OTC (Diuretics /AZO) or have my doc prescribe Tamsulosin? I was originally on Tamsulosin in November, 2023 when the stone was originally diagnosed but the pill didn't help flushing the stone out with lots of water intake.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.