Kidney stone

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi. a friend of mine told me that he suddenly suffered kidney stone pain and went into the hospital. there, they gave him a blue colored liquid to drink which stopped all pain and he passed the stone. he actually saw the stone. I'm wondering would anybody know the name of this liquid drink. cheers Kevin..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've never heard of anything like that. Can your friend get his medical records for that day and get an itemized list of his hospital bill or the medications he was given while there? I'm pretty sure it will be on there and report back to us?? I'm curious to know what it could be!

• Posted

thanks Elizabeth. it happened many years ago so would be difficult to trace back. I'll ask him more detail next time. might ask my own doctor

• Posted

I'm with Elizabeth on this: I've never heard of any such liquid either. In all of my episodes, I've only ever been given a morphine drip while in the ER. An itemized bill of your friend probably will list this "mystery" liquid. Please report back when you find out!

• Posted

hi martin.dont think he was charged as it was done in a public hospital..

• Posted

I'm mystified too! Would love to know the answer; please report back when you do find out! I was told to drink real lemon juice. My medicine is lemons! Can't complain at that!

Best Regards

A

• Posted

hi angela. just got cd with ct scan result on it today. there are white blobs along the outer parts of the kidneys. i think they're bones. wonder would you know how kidney stones are shown as in what color. cheers Kevin...

• Posted

Hi Kevin - I'm not medically trained so all i can say is my from my own experiences and I've had several kidney stones and still do in both kidneys. Whenever I have viewed mine; they are small grey blobs the same colour as bones. I assume both have calcium in composition.

Not sure what yours looks like but mine are pretty clear to see as white to grey dots in varying sizes as the slides progress through section by section of the kidneys.

Hope that helps?

Angie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.