Kidney stone

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all. i was diagnosed with a kidney stone last November. today i have a fluttering painless feeling above base of penis in lower stomach. it happens intermittently. maybe its the stone moving. any replies welcomed.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When you were diagnosed with the stone did they tell how big it was and if you were likely to pass it? If you were going to pass it I would have thought you would have done so by now.

If it is not causing any pain I think it's unlikely that they will want to do anything about it especially in the current circumstances.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Trust me , when the stone moves , you will know about it ! its definately not a ' fluttering , painless ' sensation sadly ! its a very sharp , acute pain , normally at the back , radiating into the groin . The pain is severe , can make you feel nautious as its so intense . It can also bring on a fever . Unfortunately , i have has stones in the past , & unluckily , i have them currently , the pain is something you never , ever forget , my urologist said ' Its the male version of childbirth ' ! !

my advice would be , to ask your consultant for some Voltarol suppositories , so , as & when they move , you are prepared !

all the best mate !

• Posted

Given the location, that's a promising sign that it wants to make an exit. However, Sarah's query about whether you were given a size for it earlier is key here. It'd be good to know if it can come out on its own, or whether you'll need intervention. Since you're not feeling any pain, I'd say you have some reason for optimism there. Double and triple-up on that water consumption!

Good luck.

• Posted

I have experienced this feeling as well. In my case, it happened shortly before I started passing fragments. My theory is that the stones are in the bladder and produces this almost "ticklish" feeling. So far, it's only happened with very small pieces. However, I have also experienced the pain that Bricklayer describes which doesn't feel fluttery AT ALL.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.